Photo Contest Rules (2016)
GVTA members may enter up to six photos (4 x 6 inches only) taken since the 2015 photo contest. These photos will become part of the GVTA archives and may be used for promotional purposes. Only photos in Category 1 must have been taken on the GVT. For all other categories the photos can be taken during any GVTA activity.
1. The Grand Scheme of Things: landscapes and scenery ON THE GVT during a GVTA activity.
2. Structural Encounters: buildings, bridges, sheds – anything made by humans and encountered on a GVTA activity.
3. Nature: flowers, fungus, trees, wildlife, etc. seen on a GVTA activity.
4. Landscapes and Scenery NOT on the GVT, but seen on a GVTA activity.
5. People: GVTA members participating in any GVTA activity, including Trail Maintenance.
Bring your six 4 x 6 inch photos (i.e. hard copies) to the 2016 Holiday Season Celebration. On the back of each photo, please write the category, your name and email address, and approximate location where the photo was taken.
JUDGING AND AWARDS
Photos will be judged at the 2016 GVTA Holiday Season Celebration.. Awards include First Place and Honorable Mention for each category and an overall People's Choice Award.